Wednesday, December 8, 2010

When you fall off the wagon - you can ALWAYS get back on again :)

I am trying not to beat myself. I fell off the wagon for about 2 weeks! High-Carb (satan) food is just so darn easy to get real quick and delicious! Grrrrrrr! BUT…..I am so grateful for the inspiration and motivation I have found in the many MANY low carb bloggers out there. If you are ever in need of a quick recipe there are hundreds out there for free! I appreciate you fellow low carbers so much. I KNOW that this is the lifestyle change that is right for me. I LOVE not being obsessed with food and cravings and eating low carb gives that to me. I will try to post a link to some of my favorite blogs. However, I do want to give a shout out to my favorite, Jimmy Moore’s Livin La Vida Low Carb. All the information he gives through his own research and the interviews he does are wonderful. I can sit and listen to them while at work be filled inspiration!
One of the articles I read today talked about how maybe what we think of as “emotional” or “compulsive” eating can be corrected by simply removing the carbohydrates. I, for one, can testify to the fact that I feel like I am a big compulsive eater. The cravings never seem to stop. I thought that maybe I was a carb addict or just a food addict in general. But! When I stick to eating low carb those cravings virtually disappear. When I eat, I am satisfied for hours and hours at a time. I don’t worry about if I am rushing around and end up skipping a meal. I am not obsessed with the idea of food or when I get to eat next.  I feel that I finally have a “normal” behavior towards food. It is amazing. It is empowering. It is FREEING!

No comments:

Post a Comment